What would Valentine’s Day be without a sweet treat or two? This year, indulge guilt-free with a delicious—and nutritious—cookie recipe!
Chocolate Chip Avocado Cookies
- 1 cup peeled, mashed avocado flesh (about 1 avocado)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 6 oz chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- Heat oven to 375º F
- Beat sugar, honey and oil until light and fluffy
- Gently beat in avocado until blended
- Add egg and vanilla extract; mix thoroughly
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into sugar mixture; mix well
- Stir in oats and coconut, then fold in chocolate chips and walnuts (if using).
- Drop tablespoon-sized balls onto a baking sheet; bake for 10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden and crispy.