By Abby, Catriona, Annita & Alexxis
Although it is easy to make unhealthy snack choices, when you learn how to conveniently prepare healthy snacks, it will have a major effect on your lifestyle. Processed snacks may seem like the better choice, however they lead to a crash later in the day, often creating misconceptions through false advertisement. Quick and healthy snacks can include:
- Celery and peanut butter
- Vegetable sticks
- Homemade granola bars
- Rice cakes
Salty Sweet Snack Cakes
- 4 rice cakes, unsalted
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- Wash your hands! Use water and soap to wash for 20 seconds before handling food.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave gradually, stirring every 20 seconds.
- Break rice cakes into quarters.
- Spread each rice cake piece with a thin layer of peanut butter. Top with bananas, if desired.
- Drizzle chocolate on top of each rice cake piece and serve. Enjoy!