- Strawberries are the only fruit that have seeds on the outside.
- Because their seeds are on the outside instead of the inside, strawberries aren’t true berries! Technically, each seed on a strawberry is own fruit.
- One strawberry has 200 seeds, on average.
- Unlike other fruit, strawberries don’t continue to ripen after they are picked.
- One cup of strawberries has only 55 calories. Strawberries are low in calories but high in vitamins C, B6, K, fiber, folic acid and, potassium.
- Strawberries are a member of the rose family.
- Each year, the average American eats 3.4 pounds of fresh strawberries, and an additional 1.8 pounds frozen.
- Strawberries are believed reduce your risk of heart disease and some cancers.